Monday, November 11, 2013

October Haul

Few days ago, I went shopping because I was on the hunt for a darker Fall/Winter lipstick. I got 5 items which I want to share with you today. 



Firstly, I got a make-up remover. A while ago, I read in one book that you can use baby oil to remove your make-up and that is what I have been doing for the past few months. It did remove my face make-up okay but not my eye make-up. Another thing I also did not like about it was the greasy film it left on my face. Therefore, I was on the hunt for a new make-up remover. It was actually quite hard to find an affordable one because most were just eye make-up removers which I was not looking for. After a while, I finally found one by Kruidvat. It is a 2 in 1 product because it is a make-up remover and a moisturizer. It comes in a nice pink packaging and you squeeze out the product. It contains 100ml and has no alcohol or perfume. The way I use it is that firstly, I put it on my face with my fingers and then take a cotton pad which I wet and use that to remove the product. Afterwards, I wash my face with water and use a baby wipe just to make sure that my make-up is really removed.



Secondly, I got a new mascara. Few months ago, I got the Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express mascara which I honestly, do not like. It clumps together my eye lashes and the formula is really wet. Therefore, I decided to buy a new mascara. Few weeks ago, I saw a review of Better Than False Lashes Volume Mascara by Catrice on one of the blogs I follow. I really liked the effect I saw on the pictures and decided to give the mascara a try. The packaging is nice and sturdy. You get 12ml of product and I got my mascara in the shade Ultra Black.



Lastly, I got three lipsticks. First lipstick I got is by Catrice from their Ultimate Shine Gel Lip Colour collection. The color I got is 010 Love's Di-wine. It's a nice dark purple/pink shade, perfect for Fall and Winter. It is a bit sheer and shiny but it is also moisturizing and it does not feel dry on my lips. The downside of this lipstick is the lasting power which is about 3-4 hours.


Second lipstick I got is by Rimmel from their Lasting Finish collection. The color I got is Cutting Edge which is a nice dark purple shade. It is very opaque and noticeable but it looks great on all skin tones. The lasting power is better than the Catrice lipstick which I like but it does feel quite dry on my lips after a while.


Third lipstick I got is again by Rimmel which you can get here. This time it is from their Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss collection. The shade I got is 107 which is a nice dark red color. The lasting power is again, better than the Catrice lipstick but also this lipstick feels a bit dry on my lips which might be because it is a matte lipstick.


I will do a more detailed review on all these products soon so stay tuned for that. If you already own any of these products let me know how you like them. 

xoxo Katja


-

1 comment:

  1. harbor freight titanium welder - Tioga Creek Shipping
    Find out titanium drill bit set more chi titanium flat iron about the Tioga Creek, Shipping & Handling company microtouch titanium in titanium hip Tioga Creek. T&C's babyliss pro titanium Apply.

    ReplyDelete