Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rant #1: Columbine High School massacre

I saw an article on Wikihow about Rachel's Challenge and I wanted to talk about it a little bit. Rachel was the first victim of Columbine High School massacre. If you don't know what I'm talking about, Columbine massacre happened in 1999. Two students, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 12 students and 1 teacher and injured more than 20 people on April 20, 1999. Rachel wrote several diaries and really wanted to help other people. She said: ,,I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same.'' For more information about this challenge go to http://www.rachelschallenge.org.  

While I was reading more about this massacre I started asking myself so many questions. What possesses someone to plan this massacre months in advance and then at the age of 17, 18 kill and injure innocent people? What goes through their minds to even think about doing something like this? Where did they get all the weapons? How can an underage person get all the guns and bombs they had without someone suspecting something bad is gonna happen? 

I just don't understand why would someone harm innocent people and then commit suicide at the end. 

Life is beautiful. Live every moment to the fullest because you never know when it's gonna end. Tell the people you love how you feel before it's too late. And for all of you who are going through hard times it DOES get better. Don't ever give up!

xoxo K.


No comments:

Post a Comment